Cancer Can't shield itself from the immune system Anymore
- We’ve found–and patented–a novel way for the immune system to attack cancer by modifying Treg cells
- Enhancing the immune system’s ability to infiltrate and destroy cancer
SRCs are master regulators of the genome
First discovered in O’Malley lab
300 publications since 1995
Steroid Receptor Activators (SRCs) activate groups of genes to achieve the following physiological outcomes:
SRC-1 regulates gluconeogenesis and appetite
SRC-2 regulates lipid metabolism and storage
SRC-3 regulates growth and immunity and controls gene expression
Works in the nucleus
Not on the cell surface like other therapies
CoRegen works in the nucleus, allowing desired outcomes without typical side effects. Our genetically engineered Treg cells:
Are phenotypically altered without fully inhibiting their immune checkpoint function
No longer blocks immune effector cells in the tumor microenvironment
- Infused engineered SRC-3 KO Treg infiltrates into tumors
- Cancer-killing immune cells are now able to function within tumors
- The combined actions of SRC-3 KO Treg and immune effector cells eliminate tumors
Why it works
Employs a unique mechanism of action
1. CoRegen targets SRC-3
2. Blocks Treg activity
3. Engineered Treg cells:
- Functionally dominate normal Treg within tumors but not in the rest of the body, supporting normal Treg functionality outside of the tumor.
- Express much larger amounts (~20x) of a key cytokine receptor (IL2RA) that aggressively recruits engineered SRC-3 KO Treg into tumors.
- Produce large amounts of IFNγ (10x) which causes a large influx of anti-tumor immune effector cells (CD8/CD4 and NK) into tumors.
- Produce significantly more perforin (9x) and granzymes (6x) that drive the destruction of cancer cells in the tumor.
- Increased T memory cell population after engineered SRC-3 KO Treg treatment.
4. Shown to be safe and nontoxic
Not known to cause a cytokine storm or apparent toxicity in animal models.